Romanian servicemen have won the first medal for Romania at the Sydney Invictus Games, in the indoor rowing event. Dumitru Paraschiva finished third in the 4-minute endurance event, while Ciprian Iriciuc finished fourth out of 21 competitors. “Invictus Games Sydney 2018 – first medal for Romania. The indoor rowing event has just ended, and our servicemen are happy not only for having participated but also for managing to bring home a medal. In the 4-minute endurance event, Dumitru Paraschiva finished on 3rd place, while Ciprian Iriciuc finished 4th out of 21 competitors. In the 1-minute sprint event, Dumitru finished on 5th place, and Ciprian on 11th place out of 47 competitors. Dear comrades, congratulations for your participation and thank you for your effort!”, reads the message posted on Invictus Romania team’s Facebook page. Romania is represented at the Invictus Paralympics in Sydney, Australia, by 15 servicemen injured in theatres of operations. The games started on Saturday and the Romanian team is taking part for the second time in these competitions, after participating in the Toronto Invictus Games last year. The competition brings together approximately 500 servicemen from all over the world, who were injured in various theatres of operations, and was established in 2014 by United Kingdom’s Prince Harry. On October 20-27, the Romanian team will compete in archery, cycling, athletics, rowing, swimming, volleyball and long-jump events.
Romanian servicemen win first medal at Sydney Invictus Games: Dumitru Paraschiva finishes on third place at indoor rowing event
IntMin Dan meets Julian King, European Commissioner for Security Union: In February 2019 we will organise in Bucharest an informal Justice and Home Affairs council
Romania is set to organise, in February next year, in Bucharest, an informal Justice and Home Affairs council meeting, to enjoy the participation of all the relevant ministers from the European Union, the Romanian Minister of Interior, Carmen Dan, on Monday told a press conference she held jointly with Julian King, European Commissioner for Security Union. The Minister remarked that her meeting with the European official takes place at a time when Romania is preparing to take over the rotating presidency of the Council of the European Union in the beginning of next year. “In what concerns home affairs, we are going to host no less than 19 meetings in Bucharest and in many other localities across the country, for which we are well prepared. For the first time, in February 2019, Romania will organise in Bucharest an informal justice and home affairs council, with all the ministers of interior and of justice from the European Union being expected to participate,” stated Carmen Dan. She also said that all the security measures for this high level event have been “already planned.” Dan added that she spoke with King about the milestones of the programme of the Romanian Presidency of the Council of the EU, which “will have the citizens at its core.” “We intend to bring our contribution to shape the Union’s answers to a wide range of issues, such as the internal security of the European Union, the functioning of the Schengen Area, the external borders management and all the current challenges,” highlighted the minister of interior. She spoke about the challenges facing the cyber security field. “It is essential to have laws that will allow us to protect the citizens, especially the young ones and the children, against the danger of radicalization, which is a real danger that especially manifests itself in the online environment,” pointed out Dan. The minister brought to mind that Julian King was a guest of the Romanian Interior Minister before, in September last year, when he visited the Romanian Border Police Command and Control Centre. “Back then he reiterated his support for Romania’s accession to the Schengen Area, considering that our country met all the technical criteria,” mentioned Carmen Dan. In his turn, the European Commissioner spoke about the challenges facing the European Union states – terrorism, cyber attacks, organised crime. “The Romanian presidency comes in a very important moment, in the context in which we are trying to solve all these problems.”
The post IntMin Dan meets Julian King, European Commissioner for Security Union: In February 2019 we will organise in Bucharest an informal Justice and Home Affairs council appeared first on Nine O' Clock.
On Monday, President Klaus Iohannis sent a letter to the presidents of parliamentary parties, inviting them on Wednesday, at the Cotroceni Palace, to consultations on the topic of the judicial laws. According to the Presidency, each delegation can consist of five persons at most. “On Monday, October 22, Romanian President Klaus Iohannis sent a letter to the presidents of the political parties represented in the Romanian Parliament, inviting them to consultations, at the Cotroceni Palace, on the topic of the judicial laws,” the Presidential Administration informs. The consultations will start at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, with each party having a 30-minute time slot. The representatives of the PSD are the first invited, followed by those of ALDE, PNL, USR, UDMR, PMP and of the parliamentary group of ethnic minorities. Each delegation can consist of 5 persons at most. Following the Venice Commission’s opinion critical of the criminal codes and the judicial laws, President Klaus Iohannis stated that the Justice Minister compromised his credibility for good, this being a good reason for him to resign. “The Justice Minister has definitively compromised his credibility, a sound reason for him to resign. President Klaus Iohannis is asking the Romanian Parliament to take into account the opinions included in the Venice Commission’s report and to re-evaluate, with maximum celerity, the amendments brought to the judicial laws, but also to the Criminal and Criminal Procedure Codes, so that the negative impact on the judiciary and on the rule of law would cease,” reads the point of view issued by the Presidential Administration.
The post President Klaus Iohannis invites parliamentary parties to consultations on judicial laws appeared first on Nine O' Clock.
Police officers opened a criminal file for suspicious death in the case of Ilie Balaci’s death. President Iohannis decorates Ilie Balaci post-mortem
The police officers from Dolj County opened a criminal file for suspicious death in the case of Ilie Balaci’s death, mentioning that this measure is taken when the death certificate is not issued, and the necropsy is performed to establish the causeo f the death. They explained this is the standard procedure to be followed when the death certificate is not issued. In this case, a necropsy was ordered to establish the cause of the death of the former football player. Ilie Balaci’s lifeless body was deposited at the Ion Oblemenco stadium on Monday afternoon, and on Tuesday morning it will be brought on the football pitch, where a religious service held by a group of priests from the Metropolitan Church of Oltenia. The funeral service will be held by a group of priests headed by His Holly Highness Irineu, the Metropolitan of Oltenia. On Tuesday, starting at 9.00 AM, the body of the former football player will be deposited on the football pitch of the Ion Oblemenco stadium, and starting at 11.30 AM, a group of priests from the Metropolitan Church of Oltenia will held a religious service in memoriam, on the pitch. According to the quoted source, at 12.15 PM, the leaving is scheduled to the Sfantul Ilie Church, and starting at 13.00 PM, the funeral service will be held here by a group of priests headed by His Holly Highness Irineu, the Metropolitan of Oltenia. Former international football player Ilie Balaci died on Sunday in Craiova, at the age of 62. ISU Dolj stated in a press release that the death of the former football player Ilie Balaci was acknowledged after the doctors performed C.P.R. for several tens of minutes. Health Ministry started an investigation at the Craiova Ambulance Service after Ilie Balaci’s death Health Minister Sorina Pintea announced that Health Ministry started an investigation on the death of the former football player Ilie Balaci. She mentioned that she sent a team of specialists to the Craiova Ambulance Service. “We took action by ourselves as a result of the suspicions raised by the family, because Ilie Balaci is a national hero, therefore it was our duty to act this way. We formed a control team that will go to Craiova to check what exactly happened in the case of Ilie Balaci’s death. We will check the manner by which the procedures for taking the patient from the dispatcher until the death was declared, were observed”, Health Minister Sorina Pintea stated on Monday in a phone intervention at Digi 24. She explained that, among others, the family’s suspicions refer to the manner by which the patient was taken, and a certain medication was prescribed to him. “There is a suspicion that it wasn’t the proper medication, then we will see what the specialists say. Within two days, we will see if the procedures and protocols related to the intervention regarding the patient were observed”, Pintea added. According to her, the team is already formed and will leave in one hour to Craiova, to the County Ambulance Service. Former international football player Ilie Balaci died on Sunday in Craiova, at the age of 62. ISU Dolj stated in a press release that the death of the former football player Ilie Balaci was acknowledged after the doctors performed C.P.R. for several tens of minutes. Born on September 13, 1956, Balaci mainly spent his career as a football player of Universitatea Craiova (1973-1984). He also played for FC Olt and Dinamo. Ilie Balaci dressed the national team’s T-shirt for 65 times and scored eight goals for this team. As a coach, Balaci has trained several teams in the Gulf Area and North Africa, with which he has achieved many performances. President Iohannis decorates Ilie Balaci post-mortem President Klaus Iohannis signed on Monday the post-mortem decoration decree of soccer player Ilie Balaci. According to a release of the Presidential Administration, the head of stated bestowed post-mortem upon soccer player Ilie Balaci the National Order the National Order “Faithful Service” in the rank of Knight, in sign of “great appreciation and admiration for his remarkable soccer career, for the talent with which he promoted, for many decades, the value of the “king sport” and the fair play spirit among the young generations of athletes.