Ooni Koda
  1. Home
  2. /
  3. Newsfeed
  4. /
  5. New RO-ALERT message in Tulcea County against backdrop...

New RO-ALERT message in Tulcea County against backdrop of war in Ukraine

November 20, 2025

The Inspectorate General for Emergency Situations (IGSU) issued, on the night from Tuesday to Wednesday, a new RO-ALERT message for the northern area of Tulcea County, against the backdrop of the war in Ukraine.In the message, sent around 1:00 a.m., the population was warned about the possibility of objects falling from the airspace and was advised to take shelter. The air raid alert lasted approximately 90 minutes."Following the air raid alert, a person called the single emergency number 112 and requested information about what was happening," Cristina Profir, spokesperson for the Delta Emergency Situations Inspectorate said.   Romania's Defence Ministry (MApN) announced on Wednesday that Romania's airspace was not violated by the drones used by Russia to attack Ukrainian settlements on the banks of the Danube, the Romanian-Ukrainian border, the previous night, and that prior approval was granted for the shooting down of the air targets that would have entered the national airspace.Early on Wednesday morning, the MApN surveillance systems identified a group of drones that were moving on the Chilia branch of the Danube, Danube Delta, and according to the procedures, two F-16 aircraft from the 86th Borcea Air Base took off, around 00:50hrs to monitor the situation."About 10 explosions were reported on the Ukrainian side, in the area of Ismail and Chilia, but no unmanned aerial vehicles were detected in Romania's airspace. The mission commander had the prior approval for shooting down air targets, had they entered the national airspace and endangered the security of the citizens of Romania," according to MApN.At around 02:35hrs, two German Eurofighter Typhoon fighter aircraft took off from the 57th Mihail Kogalniceanu Air Base on a reinforced air policing missions, and at 03:50hrs, the aircraft returned safely to the air bases in Romania."A team made up of specialists from the Ministry of National Defence, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, and the Romanian Intelligence Service (SRI) will carry out on Wednesday, October 22, a search mission to the area on the Romanian bank of the Danube, in the vicinity of the Ukrainian settlements attacked last night, in order to assess the situation. The Ministry of National Defence strongly condemns the irresponsible actions of the Russian Federation and underlines that they are a new challenge to regional security and stability in the Black Sea area."MApN also said that the attacks on the Ukrainian port infrastructure on the Danube demonstrate the Russian Federation's lack of respect for the rules of international law, thus endangering not only the safety of Romanians, but also the collective security of NATO."Romania remains firmly committed to fulfilling its obligations as a member state of the Alliance and will continue to work closely with partners and allies to monitor and defend the national airspace. The Ministry of National Defence assures the public that all the necessary measures to guarantee national security are permanently applied, and the defence bodies are ready to respond promptly to any similar situation."On Tuesday night, the General Emergency Management Inspectorate (IGSU) sent a RO-ALERT message to the people in the north of Tulcea County urging them to take shelter, given that there was a possibility of objects falling from the airspace. During the alert, the Delta Emergency Management Inspectorate received a call from a person in the county who asked for clarification on what was happening.That was the first RO-ALERT public announcement since the middle of last month amid the war in Ukraine, but in the last almost two years, since the IGSU has been sending such anouncements, the population of Tulcea County has received dozens of extreme alerts.   

The text of this article has been partially taken from the publication:
http://actmedia.eu/daily/new-ro-alert-message-in-tulcea-county-against-backdrop-of-war-in-ukraine/116424
Read in full - click here
One last star to shine: Corinthia Bucharest prepares the final act of its Michelin Dinner Series

Some dinners are eaten. Others are remembered. At Corinthia Grand Hotel du Boulevard, the past few months have unfolded like a quiet culinary opera. One by one, Europe’s most celebrated chefs arrived, took over the kitchen of Boulevard 73 and left behind more than menus; they left stories. Now, on December 4, the curtain falls. […]

HORIZON CITY - The New Residential Anchor of Northern Bucharest

HORIZON CITY, a €130 million residential project, is emerging as one of the most solid and forward-thinking developments in the Pipera area—both through its scale and through the modern direction it sets for the new residential standards in the north. Developed across nearly 23,000 sqm, with 699 apartments and 926 parking spaces, the project brings […]

Romania’s forestry authority Romsilva puts 16,000 Christmas trees up for sale

Romania’s National Forest Administration, or Romsilva, announced that it is putting over 16,000 Christmas trees up for sale over the winter in a press release published on Thursday, November 27. The trees can be purchased directly from the offices of the forestry districts. Prices range between RON 17 (EUR 3.3) for a spruce...

New 14 km segment of Romania’s A7 Moldova highway inaugurated

Lot 3 Pietroasele–Buzău of Romania's A7 highway, also known as the Moldova highway, was inaugurated on Thursday, November 27. The newly inaugurated segment is 13.9 km long. The A7 connects Romania’s historic regions of Muntenia, the southern part of the country, with Moldova, the eastern part. “We are opening another 13 km of the Moldova Motorway […]

Romania’s Sinaia inaugurates alpine coaster for year-round mountain fun

The City Hall of Sinaia, a popular mountain town roughly 120 km north of Bucharest, announced that a new attraction, the alpine coaster on Pârtia Nouă, will officially open on December 1. The installation, located in the ski area near the Sinaia Gondola, features what the authorities say is the longest track of its kind […]

Romania scores first win in group stage of Women’s Handball World Championship

The Romanian national team debuted with a victory in Group A of the Women’s Handball World Championship, organized in the Netherlands and Germany. Romania won 33–24 (13–12) against Croatia in the Ahoy Arena in Rotterdam on Thursday, November 27. The Romanian team dominated the match in the second half, left backer Sorina-Maria Grozav scoring 7 […]