Ooni Koda
  1. Home
  2. /
  3. Newsfeed
  4. /
  5. Orange Romania completes acquisition of 54 pct of...

Orange Romania completes acquisition of 54 pct of Telekom Romania Communications stake

October 24, 2021

Telecoms operator Orange Romania announced t the completion of its purchase of the 54 percent majority stake in Telekom Romania Communications (TKR) from OTE, while the remaining 46 percent of the shares stay with the Romanian state.In a separate announcement, Greek telecommunications provider Hellenic Telecommunications Organization S.A. (OTE) informed that it has successfully completed the sale of its 54 percent stake in Telekom Romania Communications to Orange Romania, for the final price of 295.6 million euros."Today we write a new page not just in the history of Orange, but in that of the entire Romanian telecommunications market, and I am extremely proud of the effort and achievements of all those involved in this process. We start together, Orange and Telekom Romania Communications, with a common goal - that of being the first choice on the convergent service market in Romania," said Orange Romania CEO Liudmila Climoc."The sale of Telekom Romania Communications SA is a strategic decision that contributes to the rapid development of infrastructure in Greece and improves the long-term vision of growth and shareholder value. In Romania, it will support the growth of Telekom Romania Communications and market competitiveness for the benefit of customers. OTE remains on the Romanian market with Telekom Romania Mobile Communications SA, aiming at the positive generation of cash flows through a new market approach," OTE Group Chairman and CEO Michael Tsamaz said in his turn.At the end of July, the European Commission approved the takeover of Telekom Romania Communications by Orange SA, making the approval conditional on the divestiture of TKR's 30 percent minority stake in Telekom Romania Mobile Communications (TRMC), which is a direct competitor of Orange.    

The text of this article has been partially taken from the publication:
ActMedia
Read in full - click here
[Ticker] Bulgaria and Romania run out of beds for Covid-patients

Bulgaria is in talks with the EU to transfer Covid patients to other member states due to a hospital-bed shortage, with hospitals and morgues in Romania also said to be at breaking point. There were currently more than 20 million people infected in eastern Europe, including Russia and Ukraine, according to a Reuters tally. "We […]

Macron’s man in Brussels takes control of the liberals

Stéphane Séjourné will helm the European Parliament's third-largest group, leaving MEPs wondering if he will be able to distance himself from the powerful French leader.  

 Royal Palace Historic Spaces - open on Monday, on 100th King Mihai I's birth anniversary

The National Museum of Art of Romania (MNAR) on Monday, October 25 will open for visit the Historical Spaces of the Royal Palace, between 10:00 and 18:00, on the 100th anniversary of the birth of King Mihai I.The public will be able to visit the Royal Dining Room, the Stairs of the Voivodes, the Throne […]

Three out of ten Romanians have a credit card

Three out of ten Romanians have credit cards, Finzoom concluded, based on a survey conducted online in Romania. In fact, due to the sample that apparently includes only part of those visiting Finzoom.ro website, the conclusion should be taken with a grain of salt since it is not relevant for the entire population of the country.   […]

Romania has largest companies and banks, but not insurers, in Southeast Europe

of the biggest banks - but when it comes to insurer country's supremacy in the region is not that robust.   There's no Romanian insurer among the biggest seven regional players (not counting bankrupt City Insurance) that come from the tiny markets of Slovenia and Croatia. Automobile Dacia leads for the 7th consecutive year in […]

Fitch reconfirms Romania's country rating

The rating agency Fitch reconfirmed Friday, October 22, 2021, the sovereign rating related to the government debt of Romania to the BBB- for the long-term debt in foreign currency and the negative outlook.   "The agency's decision represents a signal for Romania to continue at a sustained pace the fiscal-budgetary policies, the reform and investment […]