Ooni Koda
  1. Home
  2. /
  3. Newsfeed
  4. /
  5. Total assets held by privately-managed pension funds at...

Total assets held by privately-managed pension funds at 92.04 bln RON as of end-September

January 5, 2023

Total assets held by Romania's privately-managed pension system stood at 92.04 billion RON as of end-September, up 2 percent YoY, but 0.5 percent down from December 2021, the Financial Supervisory Authority (ASF) reports.The total net assets held by the mandatory privately-managed pension funds (Pillar II) amounted to 88.71 billion RON, up 2 percent from the year-ago period, and 1.5 percent higher compared to June 2022.As of the same date, net assets held by the optional pension system (Pillar III) totaled 3.34 billion RON, up 0.5 percent annually, and 2 percent less compared to December 2021; the advance from June 2022 was 1.1 percent.There were 8,512,355 contributors registered with the 17 privately-managed pension funds operating in Romania, up from 8,257,559 participants at the end of 2021.As of end-September 2022 there were 7,908,319 contributors registered in the mandatory privately-managed pension system, compared to 7,793,087 at the end of December 2021.Also, there were 604,036 contributors to the optional pension scheme as of end-September, compared to 564,472 at the end of 2021.

The text of this article has been partially taken from the publication:
Read in full - click here
Iohannis, în Tirana: Romania is ready to continue supporting EU efforts to combat illegal migration along Western Balkan routes

Although Romania is not on the Western Balkan migration route and is not "a relevant source" of migrant flows within the EU, our country is ready to continue supporting the EU's efforts to combat illegal migration, President Klaus Iohannis told the EU - Western Balkans summit in Tirana on Tuesday."As far as migration is concerned, […]

Austria officially said "No" to Bulgaria and Romania in Schengen

Austrian Chancellor Karl Nehammer stated that Austria opposes the accession of Bulgaria and Romania to the Schengen area. He made this statement during the EU-Western Balkans summit in Tirana, https://www.novinite.com/ reports.   "The Minister of the Interior made it clear. There is no approval from Austria for the enlargement with Bulgaria and Romania. More time is needed. We have 75,000 unregistered illegal immigrants in Austria. […]

Chief of the Defense Staff, visit to Portugal: Situation on NATO's Eastern Flank on agenda of discussions

  Chief of the Defense Staff, General Daniel Petrescu was on an official visit to Portugal, Sunday to Tuesday, at the invitation of his counterpart, Admiral Antonio Manuel Fernandes da Silva Ribeiro, the officials analysing, in context, the regional security situation.The visit also included meetings with the Portuguese Minister of National Defense, Maria Helena Chaves […]

Interreg VI-A Romania- Bulgaria approved by European Commission

Interreg VI-A Romania- Bulgaria programme was approved by the European Commission, the Romanian Development Ministry announced. The programme has a budget of over 200 million euros and is devoted to communities from seven Romanian counties and eight Bulgarian districts.   The Development, Public Works and Administration Ministry declared, in a press release, that the Programme […]

Draft budget for next year is built on economic growth of 2.8%

The draft budget for next year is configured on an economic growth of 2.8%, in the context in which the economic shock caused by the pandemic is one of the most significant in recent history, shows the draft state budget law for 2023 published on Tuesday by the Ministry of Finance.The gross domestic product in […]

INSCOP poll: The majority of Romanians believe Romania of tommorrow will look better

A survey carried out by INSCOP Research reveals that the majority of Romanians believe that the Romania of tomorrow led by today's children will look better, as 54pct of the respondents shared this particular opinion, while 25.2pct said the situation in the country will get worse when led by the children today and 15.7% say […]